Okay, so, I have curly hair. You might already know this. It's more wavy, really, and I say that because "wavy" is a simple compromise. The truth is that my hair is about fourteen different textures. It is absolutely stick straight in spots, like at my nape and at my ears. But on top, where it is shorter, I get tight corkscrew curls. Now, I know that the length of the lock determines its curliness, due to weight, but no matter how short my various hairs are, always the same spots won't curl up.
Any of you other curly-haired people have this problem? I guess it is not a problem, really, just frustrating for me. I try to check out other curly heads, but can't get too close up without looking suspect. Most people seem to have the same size curls throughout.
Am I the only one who has multiple personality hair?
Why the hell not? I can't think of anything else to write about over here. I already have a lists category on this site, so why not write the motherlode.
1. My full name is Brittney Lynn Gilbert.
2. I grew up on Rosehill Court.
3. I had a tire swing growing up, and it was awesome.
4. My sister and I shared a room until I was nearly in high school.
5. I like bread!
6. I struggle hard not to eat meat.
7. I have a sick, sick like of fast food.
8. When I was little I lied about needing glasses.
9. I was really mean to my sister until I was an adult, and I am profoundly sorry about it.
10. I prefer the bath.
11. I want to think more about Buddhism, but am scared to start.
12. I drink Sugar Free Red Bull. A lot.
13. I usually order three beverages when dining out.
14. I've broken two bones five times.
15. I have shitty posture.
16. Zoloft. I take it. It does a Brittney good.
17. I use a form of birth control that other women find icky.
18. Red wine or tequila. Sometimes both.
19. I'm incredibly impatient.
20. Lifelong nail biter.
21. If we hold hands, my thumb has to be on the outside.
22. I lie a lot. I can't help it.
23. I do not know how to dress myself.
24. I want to dye my hair really blonde, but don't due to the maintenance involved.
25. I have no one to give my business cards to.
26. America's Next Top Model is my favorite show on the air right now.
27. I haven't gone to a Twin Peaks festival only because I have always been too poor.
28. I don't believe in God.
29. I don't think, anyway.
30. I'm not ashamed to tell people that I don't believe in God, and that shocks them.
31. I love my dogs more than I can describe, but I like one more than the other.
32. I think about having children daily.
33. I still want to move out of Tennessee.
34. Never had a cavity.
35. I rarely shave, cause I don't really have to.
36. I once had a mullet.
37. Egg yolks gross me out.
38. I am a very picky eater.
39. I could eat sushi for every meal.
40. I'm lazy.
41. I am not a neat freak.
42. I am not a good cook.
43. I love movies, but rarely go to them anymore.
44. I cry easily.
45. I dislike most people, and really enjoy spending time alone.
46. French fries and buttered popcorn with funnel cake for dessert would be my final meal if ever executed.
47. I am against capital punishment.
48. I am pro-choice.
49. This probably makes me a hypocrite, but I'm okay with that.
50. I could never do a back handspring.
51. I work out in spurts, never regularly.
52. I'd love to drop twenty pounds, but can't give up cheese and chocolate.
52. And french fries.
53. I really like the boyfriend's family.
54. I'd just as soon not get married. I think it is an antiquated institution, and have seen too much divorce to want to get in on that action.
55. I don't like olives. Barf.
56. I once got a DWI, and had to go to jail.
57. I am surprisingly forthcoming, and am not that good at keeping secrets.
58. I don't read books at all anymore since starting that job where I read all day.
59. I miss books, and it makes me sad.
60. I am a professional blogger, aka blog producer.
61. Some people think I suck at that job and should be fired.
62. I started a cheerleading blog. In order to try to make money.
63. It's only been three days, and I'm already losing interest in the cheerleading blog.
64. I'm shy, but am rarely ashamed.
65. I use the internet to be who I wish I was in real life.
66. I was the one that wrote that about Michele on the bathroom stall wall in high school.
67. Ooh, Law & Order is on!
68. I am going to be on the air once a week starting this Friday.
69. I dig unicorns.
70. I used to be scared of the dark.
71. I love airports.
72. Kevin Arnold was my first true love.
73. My ears don't match.
74. I wear a size 6 shoe.
75. My Dad taught me CPR and the Heimlich maneuver when I was very young, and I still feel like I could save you if need be.
76. I like the act of handwriting.
77. I buy lots of journals, but never fill them up.
78. I like tiny, little, miniature things. Like that tiny little steaming cup of coffee that was a Mac icon a while back. Love it.
79. I want to dress as a character from Twin Peaks for Halloween.
80. I fear I won't do it right.
81. I can't decide between Laura wrapped in plastic or the Log Lady.
82. I regret losing my virginity when I did.
83. I think dogs are hilarious.
84. I used to think I didn't like dogs.
85. I went a little crazy for a while.
86. I have been envisioning myself out of body since I can remember.
87. I like electronica.
88. I have a girl-crush on Parker Posey.
89. And Amy Sedaris.
90. I like the hell out of that anime series LAIN: Serial Experiments.
91. All the art on our walls were painting or created by the boyfriend's sister. Except for the unicorn art that was bought at the thrift store.
92. I enjoy kitsch.
93. I loved Los Angeles, and wonder why everybody hates on it.
94. I hardly ever remember my dreams.
95. I suck at math, but still want to learn to get good.
96. I laugh at America's Funniest Home Videos. Hard.
97. I too often wait to live.
98. I am nearly always fearful.
99. I can't stand watching figting or boxing.
100. I wish I had more friends.