The premise is simple. Go to chartroulette.com and click Connect. You will find yourself on a webcam conference with a stranger. Don't like what you see? Click next. You then get another stranger. Sometimes there is no one there. Sometimes the web cam is pointed at a vintage film. Sometimes there are groups of people or a camera pointed at a party. It's not just dudes with their junk out, though there are lots and lots of dudes with their junk out.
Here's what I saw while Chatrouletting for a brief amount of time:
- a dude's torso, shirt pulled up
- i got rickrolled by a cute girl in a straw hat (which was awesome!)
- # of dudes who disconnected from me upon seeing my face 8
- girls who disconnected upon seeing me 6
- weird mask and a guy saying "follow the hypnotoad"
- "dude she's hot...oh shit, i think she heard me"
- two teen girls in a bed who disconnected upon seeing me
- an empty chair...then a guy who apologized for being gone to go get another beer
- a guy who asked if i wanted to see his penis rather than just showing it to me (hooray for consent, even though my answer was a no)
- "you look like diane lane!"
- a guy in a Jason mask picking his nose through one of the breathe holes
- a guy who showed me his puppy, carter
- 2 girls clearly on uppers
- ~18 men masturbating
- a guy who shouted, "you are ugly as fuck" at me
- drunk teen boy: "oh thank god, what a relief after that last one. just a guy's big ass."
- a guy who said, "hey, mom!" then disconnected.
- a guy playing a remix of a imogen heap song that I love, so I bopped along to the music til he left :(
- lots of dorm rooms
- kids lighting each other on fire
Turns out, no, he really had been lit on fire. And here, they'd do it again:
I got to see a girl tell a guy she was leaving, that he should have a good time, and "don't forget to use a condom." This happened as soon as I clicked Next and their picture appeared. It is literally like clicking a remote to change the channels that are tapped into people's homes. It is most interesting, to me, when they are not paying attention.But even when they are on it is good, too. You can quick as a click weed out the creepers or even the whiff of a creeper, so there is that.
I don't know, I found it utterly fascinating. People were nice when they weren't giving themselves the business, and many, many of them made me laugh. In fact, I laughed my ass off the entire time. The novelty is sure to wear off, but it has been a while since I have had as much fun with a new online toy.